The PromptCare Companies
The www.promptcare.com website (“the Site”) is owned and operated by The PromptCare Companies, Inc. (together with its affiliates and its subsidiaries, “PromptCare”).
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). PromptCare is a “covered entity” under HIPAA. As such, the personal information that you provide may constitute Protected Health Information (“PHI”) pursuant to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). In operating the Site, PromptCare is acting in the role of a HIPAA Covered Entity and will treat your personal information in accordance with our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices, [Notice of Privacy Practices for Protected Health Information | HHS.gov] which describes how we will use, disclose and protect your PHI and your rights to your PHI.
- Personal Information we Collect. We may collect a range of personal information from you, including, as follows:
Contact Information: If you submit an inquiry to the Site, sign up for our newsletters, purchase a product, we may collect your contact information. This may include your name, email address, demographic information, mailing address, and phone number.
Account Username: If you create an account for the purpose of purchasing information, we will collect the above contact information as well as information related to your account.
Location Data: While navigating our Site your mobile device or browser may share your location data, both through WiFi and GPS. We will collect this information based on the settings of your phone and browser.
Usage Information. When you use our Site, our servers may automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (IP Address), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Site), domain names associated with your internet service provider, information on your interaction with the Site, and other such information.
Communication Information. We may collect audio, electronic, or visual information, which includes screen sharing views; any data in any files uploaded, emailed or otherwise provided by you; the contents of your communications with us, whether via e-mail, social media, telephone or otherwise, and inferences we may make from other personal information we collect.
Payment information: We will collect your credit and debit card number or other payment data for when you purchase a product through the Site.
- How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information in a variety of ways:
We May Collect Your Personal Information Directly From You. For example, if you request information from us.
We May Also Collect Personal Information From Third Parties. For example, we may work with business partners and search information providers, who may provide us with personal information about you.
– Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of unique identifiers and location data. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Site may not be available, or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings.
– We do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals sent to us by your browser at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
Online Services. Personal information is collected through the Site either directly or through our website
Your browser or device. We collect certain data through your browser or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Site (such as the Apps) you are using. We use this data to ensure that the Site functions properly.
Cookies. We collect certain data from cookies, which are pieces of data stored directly on the computer or mobile device that you are using. Cookies allow us to collect data such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, referring URL, language preferences, and other aggregated traffic data. We use the data for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display data more effectively, to collect statistical data, to personalize your experience while using the Site and to recognize your computer to assist your use of the Site. We also gather statistical data about use of the Site to continually improve design and functionality, understand how they are used and assist us with resolving questions.
Pixel Tags and Other Similar Technologies. We collect data from pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site and compile statistics about usage of the Site.
Your IP Address. We collect your IP address, a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files when a user accesses the Site, along with the time of the visit and the pages that were visited. We use IP addresses to calculate usage levels, diagnose server problems and administer the Site. We also may derive your approximate location from your IP address.
Aggregated Data. We may aggregate data that we have collected, and this aggregated data will not personally identify you or any other user.
- How we use and disclose your personal information
Promptcare will use and disclose your personal information that is PHI consistent with our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices. To the extent permitted by applicable law, including HIPAA, we may use your personal information in relation to this Site to:
– operate the Site;
– respond to inquiries;
– protect against criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
– send you information about our company, services, and promotions;
– respond to reviews, comments, or other feedback provided to us;
– support and personalize the Site;
– protect the security and integrity of the Site;
– provide customer support;
– comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements and our policies;
– market and advertise as permitted by applicable law and provide the Site and our services;
– to facilitate payment, to fulfill orders you place on our website;
– the extent necessary for any other lawful purpose for which your information is collected.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, including HIPAA we may disclose your personal information, for purposes, including:
– For Legal or Safety Reasons.
– In the Case of a Merger or Sale.
– To Service providers.
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
We comply with HIPAA and use commercially reasonable efforts to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information we process. While we comply with applicable law, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third parties such as hackers from illegally obtaining access to your personal information, including your PHI.
- How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
- International Use of the Site
This Site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting this Site from outside of the United States, please note that by providing your personal information it is being transferred to, stored, collected, or processed in the United States, where our data center and servers are located and operated.
- Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy: Protecting the privacy of the very young is extremely important to us. No part of the Site is structured to attract anyone under thirteen (13). We never collect or maintain information at the Site from those under the age of thirteen (13) unless those children are current or past patients receiving services. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected information about a child under the age of thirteen (13), that information will be immediately deleted from our records.